Start to paint the 1/35 Core Fighter base. Here are the step by step i done on the base.
1. Coat the plaster with floor acrylic to protect the polyfoam which might exposed because thinner and paints will erode the polyfoam.
2. Use Black can spray to spray entire base. Let it dry.
3. Sprayed few layer of dark grey, with lighter of grey on top of darker grey, i use mr. hobby light grey to mix with black to achieve the grey above. For lighter tone, just add more neutral grey or few drop of white in the black paint.
4. Dry brush with vallejo color. I used dark sea blue, dark grey, light grey and white on the mixture, to achieve highlight and shadow tones.
Only few updates at the moments, rushing the entry, 5 days left to GBWC.
Continue the works on my 1/35 core fighter. This time i build the vent entirely with aluminium, the reason is the realism of the aluminium compare to metal when its crushed and dented, which is hard to imitate with plastic even by melting it.
As for some small parts i do apply heat to slightly bend the plastic parts, i avoid using soldering iron because the iron is round shape and the heat is only on the iron, therefore melting plastic with soldering iron will leave a distinctive mark of soldering iron, whereas the heat of a candle is area above it. I tried few times and make sure don’t burn the plastic, and bend the plastic part when its hot, which only few seconds before it cold and back to normal hardness.
The broken parts of the armor i glue with different thickness of aluminium make it look ‘complicated’. Still got much to add. Stay tuned……
OGB a.k.a Overkill Group Build is the group build which initiate by pla-zone forums. http://pla-zone.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=3&action=display&thread=471 in conjunction with the Gunpla Builder World Cup 2012. Those who completed for the group build will also enter the competition.
Participants need to create a build which have ‘overkill’ effect to the viewer, and i do hope my build can achieve those criteria, hahaha.
Here’s is my work in progress using Bandai’s 1/35 Core Fighter to enter the group build. Worked on the base first.
1. Laying styrofoam.
2. Trim, shape and add more styrofoam
3. Put a layer of tissue on top, to cover gaps between styrofoam board.
4. Create surface of the meteor with plaster.
Then i work on the 1/35 UCHG Anti MS Squad Set GM hand.
Stay tuned for more progress….
12 days counting down for GBWC 2012.