Kinda late updates, just to sum everything up for the OGB – 1/35 Core Fighter.
The decals sheet, kinda big and i really like the design there. Don’t think i able to finish it up, so can save for my future projects.
After put the decal on the kits, i would apply mark softerner on the decals, it help it to blend into curve area and make it stick better on the kits, beside it also help to reduce silvering along the side.
After the decals, its the filtering stage, i use testor enamel paints and do the polka dots filtering. Its actually a step to make the surface look dirty and weathered. I kinda rushing at that time, so didn’t took any before or after photo of it.
Here’s the overview of the diorama and the composition of the whole scene/diorama. Its kinda simple and follow the rules in photography, which is the rules of third. Can read here for more info of such rule, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
The figure is place at area of intersection of vertical and horizontal lines. Well, its just a guidance which i used in composite my diorama, hope it help.
Here’s the gallery of the completed build, UC Hardgraph: Rescue Mission
Start to paint the 1/35 Core Fighter base. Here are the step by step i done on the base.
1. Coat the plaster with floor acrylic to protect the polyfoam which might exposed because thinner and paints will erode the polyfoam.
2. Use Black can spray to spray entire base. Let it dry.
3. Sprayed few layer of dark grey, with lighter of grey on top of darker grey, i use mr. hobby light grey to mix with black to achieve the grey above. For lighter tone, just add more neutral grey or few drop of white in the black paint.
4. Dry brush with vallejo color. I used dark sea blue, dark grey, light grey and white on the mixture, to achieve highlight and shadow tones.
Only few updates at the moments, rushing the entry, 5 days left to GBWC.
1/35 core fighter work-in-progress part3. Add in some wires and some spare parts from my junk, this is places where will reveal some of the internal with the rip-off armor.
The pop up missiles compartments, burn and dented.
Damages at the bottom of the core fighter’s nose.
The safety belt of the cockpit, was build by yogurt drink’s bottle cover, its hard and strong enough to hold the small parts in ‘floating’ position, a way to ‘visualize’ zero gravity scene.
Stay tuned for more, 7 days to submission day………….
Continue the works on my 1/35 core fighter. This time i build the vent entirely with aluminium, the reason is the realism of the aluminium compare to metal when its crushed and dented, which is hard to imitate with plastic even by melting it.
As for some small parts i do apply heat to slightly bend the plastic parts, i avoid using soldering iron because the iron is round shape and the heat is only on the iron, therefore melting plastic with soldering iron will leave a distinctive mark of soldering iron, whereas the heat of a candle is area above it. I tried few times and make sure don’t burn the plastic, and bend the plastic part when its hot, which only few seconds before it cold and back to normal hardness.
The broken parts of the armor i glue with different thickness of aluminium make it look ‘complicated’. Still got much to add. Stay tuned……
OGB a.k.a Overkill Group Build is the group build which initiate by pla-zone forums. http://pla-zone.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=3&action=display&thread=471 in conjunction with the Gunpla Builder World Cup 2012. Those who completed for the group build will also enter the competition.
Participants need to create a build which have ‘overkill’ effect to the viewer, and i do hope my build can achieve those criteria, hahaha.
Here’s is my work in progress using Bandai’s 1/35 Core Fighter to enter the group build. Worked on the base first.
1. Laying styrofoam.
2. Trim, shape and add more styrofoam
3. Put a layer of tissue on top, to cover gaps between styrofoam board.
4. Create surface of the meteor with plaster.
Then i work on the 1/35 UCHG Anti MS Squad Set GM hand.
Stay tuned for more progress….
12 days counting down for GBWC 2012.